printer friendly format
Downloads and Sample Pages
Successful Assessment for Student Affairs: A How-to Guide Binder + CD
With an increased call for accountability and informed decision-making, student affairs professionals are being called upon to assess everything, from student learning outcomes to individual programs, activities and services. Assessment is a necessity to help us work smarter while best meeting campus community needs. Yet, many professionals have been searching for a resource that helps them conduct effective, efficient assessment — until now.
That's why we've developed Successful Assessment for Student Affairs: A How-to Guide. This 100-page binder and CD takes you through the assessment cycle, from developing your initial purpose to putting assessment data to use, in a user-friendly, interactive manner.
Inside you'll find worksheets, how-to pieces, handouts, checklists and more to help you plan and implement a successful assessment process. Successful Assessment for Student Affairs: A How-to Guide will include the following pieces:
You'll also find information on these important assessment topics:
- Where do I start? – Developing a purpose and conceptual framework for the scope of your assessment project
- Strategies to consider – The role of CAS Standards and others
- Finding your resources on campus – Discovering the untapped wells of data already collected on your campus
- Ethical and political considerations – IRB, proper use of data, maintaining confidentiality
- Developing learning outcomes related to your purpose – Formulas to use, practice writing
- How to gather data – Choosing the best method to serve your purpose, qualitative vs. quantitative, etc.
- Using focus groups, surveys and rubrics – With practice activities
- Survey design – And addressing survey fatigue
- Analyzing and interpreting your data – Tips and activities to show you how
- How to code qualitative data – Strategies to share
- Sharing and using collected data – Determining your audience and their informational needs
- Closing the loop – Strategies for planning continual assessment
- Creating a culture of assessment on your campus
- Where to find campus data
- Staffing, time and other practical considerations
- Working with an assessment team
What You Get:
Hands-on Assessment Tools
This binder and CD provide hands-on, interactive tools to help you and your team conduct effective, efficient assessment projects. They include:
- How-to guides
- Case studies
- And much more!
We're very pleased to be working on this resource with Dr. Kimberly Yousey-Elsener, Coordinator of Assessment and Evaluation within the Student Affairs department at the University of Buffalo (NY) and Past-chair of ACPA's Commission for Assessment.
For a printed copy of the Successful Assessment for Student Affairs: A How-to Guide Binder + CD:
$349 + $9 S&H
Binders are in stock and available for immediate shipment.
We offer a full money back guarantee if not satisfied.
PaperClip site licenses are generally valid for one year from time of purchase/receipt.