printer friendly format
Downloads and Sample Pages
Trauma-Informed Sexual Assault Investigations Training Binder, CD + Digital Training Video
Improved Outcomes • Improved Competence • Preventing Re-traumatization
Trauma-informed investigations have been shown to significantly strengthen a victim’s account of incidents, to create a more supportive environment and to result in a greater likelihood of holding responsible offenders accountable — and federal compliance strongly recommends you be trauma-informed when handling sexual assault cases.
Avoid re-traumatizing your students and conducting unjust investigations with unfair outcomes — and comply with federal regulations when you use the Trauma-Informed Sexual Assault Investigations Training Binder, CD & Digital Training Video.
Click Here for More Information
Meet the Executive Editor:
Trauma-Informed expert, Claire K. Hall, J.D., created this important resource. Hall is the Principal at UECAT Compliance Solutions and an Educational Instructor for the National Center for Campus Public Safety’s Trauma Informed Investigation and Adjudication Program. (Click here for full bio)
When you use the Trauma-Informed Sexual Assault Investigations Training Binder resource, you will be able to:
- Be Trauma-Informed from Your First Encounter to the End of Your Investigation
Trauma has a neurobiological impact on the brain, sometimes causing impaired verbal skills, short-term memory loss, memory fragmentation and delayed recall. Your investigations must account for this — in fact, federal compliance strongly recommends you be trauma-informed.
In the critical first encounter with a complainant, you can either instill confidence or cause secondary trauma — and if victims shut down and choose not to disclose, offenders will walk. This binder provides you with the tools you need to use a trauma-informed approach in all of your practices and avoid unjust outcomes.
- Conduct Investigations that Avoid Re-traumatization & Meet Compliance Obligations
This resource breaks down the highly effective trauma-informed approach to sexual assault investigations into how-to strategies. You’ll learn how to avoid common misconceptions and treat victims with compassion and understanding. Plus, learn the types of questions you need to avoid, what not to say and the prompts you can use to lead to optimum disclosure. We know this is difficult work — this binder, CD and interactive training video make your job easier.
- Adapt Ready-Made Training Tools to Your Trauma-Informed Approach
Move beyond just complying to putting care and compassion into action with these ready-made training tools — and you’ll save time and effort implementing trauma-informed practices within your overall sexual assault response. You’ll get active, hands-on resources for training staff and faculty, including:
- Case studies with discussion questions
- Fact sheets
- Digital training video
Click Here for a Complete List of Topics Covered
What You Get:
The Total Package:
- 100+ page Trauma-Informed Sexual Assault Investigations Training Binder that includes a campus license for photocopying and distribution of:
- Trauma-Informed Approach Definitions & Terms to Know
- Policy, Planning & Collaboration Recommendations
- Strategies for Conducting Interviews & Investigations
- Key Considerations for Avoiding Re-traumatizing Students
- Ready-to-use Training Materials – Case Studies, Discussion Questions, Self-Assessments & Much More
- CD containing all of the binder contents in PDF format
Click Here to View Samples
- Interactive 15-20-minute Video provided to your institution on an unlimited use, password-protected website that includes:
- Key Takeaways from the Binder
- Self-assessment Questions
- Certificate of Completion
$549 + $9 S&H
Binders are in stock and available for immediate shipment.
We offer a full money back guarantee if not satisfied.
PaperClip site licenses are generally valid for one year from time of purchase/receipt.