printer friendly format
Downloads and Sample Pages
Race Dynamics & Racism on Today's Campus Binder, CD + Digital Training Video
Racial tension, diversity challenges and the politics of difference have become pressure points on every college campus over the past two years.
Relieve the pressure and reduce the tension when you use Race Dynamics & Racism on Today’s Campus: Engaging the Community to Reduce Acts of Hate and Improve Cultural Competency — a new Binder, CD & Digital Training Video from PaperClip Communications.
Has your campus built a complete, inclusive plan to address issues of equity, inclusion, feedback and cultural competency? A plan that will allow your campus to move forward as a whole community and address difficult circumstances and find ways to deepen capacity?
Campuses that can’t come together and build cultural competency are subject to negative outcomes. But your campus and your community can easily overcome the challenges in front of you.
Your campus dynamic may feel different today as social and political issues creep on campus and raise the collective temperature — but when you use the Race Dynamics & Racism on Today’s Campus: Engaging the Community to Reduce Acts of Hate and Improve Cultural Competency resource you have the tools at your fingertips to start a positive dialogue, reframe the conversation and navigate racial dynamics.
Further, when you and your staff use this resource you have the power to help community members develop and deepen capacity so they are better equipped when the tough issues need to be addressed, resulting in an engaged community that leads to greater student success, retention and completion.
Click Here for More Information
Meet the Executive Editors:
Rev. Dr. Jamie Washington is the Founder of the Washington Consulting Group, a Multicultural Organizational Development Firm out of Baltimore, MD and Co-Founder of the Social Justice Training Institute. (Click here for full bio)
Obear, Ed.D. currently serves as President for the Alliance for Change
Consulting and Coaching and is Co-Founder of The Social Justice
Training Institute. (Click here for full bio)
Here's a sampling of some of the content and topics covered inside the Race Dynamics & Racism on Today’s Campus: Engaging the Community to Reduce Acts of Hate and Improve Cultural Competency Binder, CD & Digital Training Video...
An Introduction to Race Dynamics & Racism on Campus Today
Engage in Personal Race Dynamic Self-Work to Impact Change in Others
- Understand definitions – gather language to put everyone in the same “space”
- Real-time racial dynamic issues ripped from recent headlines – engage these stories to change your campus culture
- Reframe the conversation to focus on structures, bias, practices, stereotypes, policies and competencies – move the racial climate needle and build a climate for student success
Deepen Campus Community Members' Capacity to Respectfully Engage to Enhance Positive Outcomes
- Engage in self-work, raise self-awareness and increase cultural competency
- Develop cultural competency to connect and engage with students and others
- Navigate challenging issues that impact race dynamics, perceptions and outcomes
Build Best Practices that Raise the Bar to Build Capacity Among Campus Community Members
- Facilitating conversations about race dynamics to move campus members forward
- Address microaggressions, campus protests, class concerns and more in engaged, informed ways
- In-class concerns – address racial dynamics in the classroom to create productive, positive discussions
- Address critical incidents and civil unrest – prevention, action and reaction that promotes community healing and bonding
- Work with undocumented students – focusing on equity and inclusion
- Guide international students into inclusion and engagement for retention and success
Train Campus Constituents: A Toolbox of Resources and Materials to Build Training & Development that Will Change Campus Culture
- Discover best practices from campuses across North America that will enable you to focus your campus on student success and engagement
- Implement new capacity-building activities that will deliver positive outcomes and deepen your community's capacity to engage, respond and grow
- Get pointed professional development programs that provide performance management tools, new ways to “train-the-trainer” and involve inclusion practitioners – shift the campus climate to help students succeed and achieve
- Get vetted case studies and learn how to use them in different forums and formats
- Implement assessment frameworks to track your institution's progress and see — with certainty — the change occurring
- Identify areas where more focus is needed, leading you greater improvement
- Employ ready-to-use activities, exercises, fact sheets, handouts, worksheets and more
Click Here for a Complete List of Topics Covered
What You Get:
The Total Package:
- 100+ page Race Dynamics & Racism on Today's Campus: Engaging the Community to Reduce Acts of Hate & Improve Cultural Competency Binder that includes a campus license for photocopying and distribution of:
- Case studies
- Assessment frameworks
- Activities and exercises
- Conversation prompts
- Fact sheets/handouts
- Intentional professional development plan and accountability structures
- And much more!
- CD containing all of the binder contents in PDF format
Click Here to View Samples
- Interactive 15-20-minute Video provided to your institution on an unlimited use, password-protected website that includes:
- Key Takeaways from the Binder
- Self-assessment Questions
- Certificate of Completion
$549 + $9 S&H
Binders are in stock and available for immediate shipment.
We offer a full money back guarantee if not satisfied.
PaperClip site licenses are generally valid for one year from time of purchase/receipt.