Twenty eight to forty percent of all first-time undergraduate students take at least one remedial course due to student under preparedness. Enrolling in remedial courses before being granted permission to enroll in degree seeking courses increases time-to-degree, dropout rates and creates barriers to college completion. Make sure that your institution provides strategies and programs that make remedial students feel valued, safe, a sense of belonging and supported throughout their educational experience.
This webinar is your opportunity to gather your colleagues across campus and engage in a valuable discussion about how you can support and serve your remedial students. Join our expert presenter, and in just 90 minutes, you and your staff will examine innovative, integrated support strategies and models that increase satisfaction and success of your remedial students through engagement and retention efforts that meet their unique needs.
Join our expert presenter to discuss these challenges and others related to working with remedial students, best practices and her personal experience and success.
Stacey Price Brown, Ph.D. is currently the CEO and Founder of Anaya Consulting, a company that provides educational consulting to students, families and organizations.
(Click here for full bio)
As a result of attending this webinar you will be able to:
- Recognize the effects of remedial education to both on and off campus stakeholders — develop a framework and schema to proactively address their needs and avoid frustration and miscommunication!
- Apply innovative approaches, models and practices currently being used by other campuses that will lead your remedial students to be successful and persist on your campus.
- Implement integrated support strategies verses stand-alone courses to address the success of the “whole student” — ensure remedial students feel valued, safe, a sense of belonging and supported.
- Foster partnerships with government, nonprofits and corporate investors in remedial education to allow your institution to better recruit, retain, engage and graduate remedial students.
- Provide opportunity to understand the differences of remedial students and incorporate the appropriate structure necessary for them to be successful, satisfied and persist on your campus.
- Facilitate critical conversations with key non-academic support services on your campus to make resources available to assist remedial students in developing self-reliance, confidence and not derailing them from their education.
What You Get:
Convenient Access to the 90-minute Live Event:
Wednesday, June 14, 2017 | 2-3:30 PM ET
Webinars are handled like a large interactive conference call, but in a more controlled, radio-program-like environment. Simply copy/paste the link* into your browser, log in, turn up the volume on your computer and follow along! Gather your staff around your conference table’s computer — then sit back, listen and watch the presentations and join the lively Q&A session.
*The link and login information will be available in a PDF download immediately following check out.
Event Recording & Materials on CD:
You'll receive two multimedia discs* containing the full audio presentation, PowerPoint and handouts provided by the presenter(s) and recording of the question and answer session facilitated during the live event. Add the webinar recording to your professional library for use in future campus training and development initiatives.
*CDs will arrive 7-10 business days after the live event date.
Certificate of Completion for Each Participant:
After attending this webinar, each participant will receive a printed certificate of completion.
Invite your entire staff to participate for this one low price! (one location)
Order includes the event recording and all materials on CD.
Can't make the live event date? Click here to order the CD only.
Campus License Option:
Click here to purchase this webinar with one-year unlimited distribution and use on your institution's internal network/server.