We know that current students are more likely to participate in a student-led protest than the five decades of classes that came before them – including the college freshman of the late 1960s and early 1970s (The American Freshman: National Norms Fall 2015 Survey Results).
Add to this the current political and racial climate and you have the groundwork for political activism. We have already seen countless incidents within the past several months on campuses nationwide. Plus, the intensity of the student voice is much greater today because of social media.
Administrators are grappling with how to manage and respond to student protests and demonstrations. Our expert will engage you in a discussion that includes:
- Proactive planning and interacting with groups
- Ideas for response procedures in the event that a protest occurs
- Student participant safety during an event
- Anticipating and managing counter-protest activities
- Multi-day sit-in challenges and response actions
- Building security considerations
- Maintaining other campus activities while protest is under way
- The role of social media
- Expectations of faculty, staff and employees during student protests
Learn how to allow your students to express themselves in a way that is mutually beneficial and peaceful.
Tony Callisto is the Senior Vice President for
Safety & Chief Law Enforcement Officer for Syracuse University, managing
law enforcement, security, fire safety, environmental health, emergency
management, risk management, regulatory compliance, and parking and transit
services. (Click here for full bio)
As a result of this webinar, you will be able to:
- Develop and refine your plan for managing and responding to campus protests and demonstrations.
- Identify at least two different approaches to law enforcement/public safety responses to protest and demonstration activities.
- Engage proactive strategies for interacting and engaging with protesters – work with student protestors toward a mutually beneficial relationship/experience.
- Discuss and plan student protester safety plans that will work for your unique campus.
What You Get:
Convenient Access to the 90-minute Live Event:
Tuesday, June 13, 2017 | 2-3:30 PM ET
Webinars are handled like a large interactive conference call, but in a more controlled, radio-program-like environment. Simply copy/paste the link* into your browser, log in, turn up the volume on your computer and follow along! Gather your staff around your conference table’s computer — then sit back, listen and watch the presentations and join the lively Q&A session.
*The link and login information will be available in a PDF download immediately following check out.
Event Recording & Materials on CD:
You'll receive two multimedia discs* containing the full audio presentation, PowerPoint and handouts provided by the presenter(s) and recording of the question and answer session facilitated during the live event. Add the webinar recording to your professional library for use in future campus training and development initiatives.
*CDs will arrive 7-10 business days after the live event date.
Certificate of Completion for Each Participant:
After attending this webinar, each participant will receive a printed certificate of completion.
Invite your entire staff to participate for this one low price! (one location)
Order includes the event recording and all materials on CD.
Can't make the live event date? Click here to order the CD only.
Campus License Option:
Click here to purchase this webinar with one-year unlimited distribution and use on your institution's internal network/server.